Saturday, October 24, 2009

My debut Film as an Actor

Deepawali holidays are time u spend with family.
When I reached home, the next morning I got a call from my old frnd Sunil ( I call him gabar). He wanted me to act in his elder brothers' film. Without giving it much thought i reached the location. It was about 120 km away from my place, in some jungles (forgot the name), in the borders of Jharkhand and Orissa. The group consists of some 15 to 20 people including the cast and the crew. We stayed in a relatives' place, had traditional local dinner and then left for the shoot into the woods. Oh I forgot to mention, its a horror flick...

we had this generators, huge reflectors..and a cart to carry them...and a sumo to carry us! Shooting lasted till 3 in the morning. Next day was the day to enjoy the beauty of woods, by this I mean the actual real ( poti kiya open air me)...n took bath in the pond..aah! wat an xperiance...n then again shot few scenes.

The shooting took longer than expected...20 people, alone in jungle, without any connection to the outer world, shooting in the dark, mosquitoes, chances of snake bites, fear of bear and elephants attack.. But luckily nothing happend. Finally the shoot got over, all left to take back was the experience of an actor ( played the role of lead actor's friend) and knowledge about camera angles.

In one shot had to jump in the river, at the middle of the night... That something i will always remember because it was freezing there when i did the scene.
Few snapshots

No comments:

Post a Comment