Saturday, October 24, 2009

For d Sake of One GOD

This was for the entry for spectrum's short film fest' 08.
With my friends Siddhartha and Pranjal, we always end up discussing about religions. Its always a healthy one, discussing about pros and cons, truth and false, myth and truth and a lot more.

Like d coin, religion also does have 2 sides.

Taking interest, started reading about it. But the confusion still lasted... To place myself on a rigid foundation, visited places like jama masjid, vaishnodevi, gurudwara, lotus temple (also known as temple of bahai religion) n to a buddhist monestry(in madekeri,a place near bengaluru) . Still the question existed. If all religion teaches us about LOVE and PEACE, then why do we keep fighting for the same among ourselves?

I made this movie and named it after a book which I had read a few days back (gifted by my friend, Thomas Krugler from Germany). Siddhartha did the lyrics part of it and I did the composing and singing. Taking pictures and videos from the historic Gujarat riots as well as from the street plays with the theme "communal harmony",compiled it into one and made it. I won the 1st prize though it was a tie with a student from jamia islamia university.

But still the question reamins unanswered.. Do they fight for religion or does the religion makes them fight... Till today I am in search of the TRUTH...

FOR THE SAKE OF ONE GOD
Genre: Documentry
Music : Prem Samuel
Lyrics: Siddhartha Tiwari

2 comments: